Tenkarabum = horse hair master

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

Tenkarabum = horse hair master

Postby Lightworker » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:59 am

Been awhile since I posted and though I have manny fish stories since the begining of summer one experience I feel is well worth sharing.

I had the pleasure to fish with Mr Stewart the Tenkarabum acouple of week ago on the tenkara outing ouside of Yosemite. While I have fished many different tenkara lines I have yet to cast a tapered hosehair line. Chris was kind enough to let me try out a couple different lines he had braided himself. All I can say is wow can you feel it. The presintaion was soft and percise I'd say more so than the braided mono lines. And You can feal every little nuance of motion on the fly. It was a really awsome experience to fish a natural line! I watched Chris fish a line that was made from only two braided strands, no tippit the fly was tied right to the line.

Chris landing a nice 8" brown on the two hair line

Hey Chris thanks for the experience

Keep Shedding Light
Troy
Lightworker

Re: Tenkarabum = horse hair master

Postby CM_Stewart » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:30 am

It was very nice to meet you and fish with you for a while. And yes, horsehair makes a very nice line.

Awesome photo! I really like the backlit line.

Until next time.
Chris
CM_Stewart

Postby rsetina » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:19 am

Wow! That is a nice photo.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Postby wrknapp » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:35 pm

Pretty cool photo!

Randy
"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee" Is 43:2a "I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble" Jer 31:9b
wrknapp

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:36 am

That picture is just awesome!
editorial material :)
And, yes, the Tenkara Bum is the horsehair line master!
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby tnitz » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:51 am

One of these days I will fish with one of Chris's horsehair lines and am looking forward to it. For the present, I do really appreciate the quality of handscraftsmanship that goes into his artificial horsehair lines. I find the knots quite pleasing aesthetically and the line works very well. While I don't fish algae-coated water, I don't find the knots pick up any more debris than the twists do on other furled lines and it's been easy to remove by stroking.

This isn't an ad, just calling attention to the craftsmanship Chris puts into his lines.
tnitz

Return to Your Tenkara Experience