Is this forum dying?

Tenkara is a new type of fishing to the US, and information (particularly in English) is sparse. This is the place to build a knowledge base of Tenkara.

Re: Is this forum dying?

Postby Adam Trahan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:19 pm

They sure do.

Forums are not dying.
Adam Trahan

Postby carlz » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:01 am

Well I always get a chuckle out of seeing someone say "tenkara, the new simple way to fly fish"! Hasn't tenkara been around a few hundred years? I have attended the FFF Midwest Fly Fishing Expo for quite a few years with my fishing buddy. This year, I saw maybe, a half dozen tenkara rods at the show. Usually just sitting on a venders table for sale. No displays for tenkara. No demonstrations on casting, or fishing tenkara. It use to be a way that anyone who was interested in getting into fly fishing could do it inexpensively. But with the rise of just a few major companies in the tenkara marke, cost have also risen! I have wondered if tenkara is just anoth fad. A way to sell another product to make money for the few major tenkara dealers? I really dont know, but I do know, I enjoy the simple way to fly fish. And actually catch fish! I enjoy learning and trying new techniques in tenkara.
Well, I guess the whole point to this is, if this forum is dying. It's only cause you let it!
carlz

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:44 am

What has happened over the years is Social Media sites that offer instant gratification is what most folks use. No logging in... Just typing what is on their mind. A quick post and a picture. All very easy on Social Media sites where we Tenkara USA also have a presence.

Does that mean forums are completely dead. No... are they used less... Yes.

Our forums will remain here as searching a forum for specifics about a specific thing is a great resource where Social Media sites are not.

We still view posts here and answer questions but most folks have moved to Social Media and that is fine, but forums still have a home and purpose.

TJ
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Postby outdoor.mne » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:14 am

I like this forum so much, and i never left him.
This is my favorite please to read something about tenkara expirence, see tenkara photos...
Best regards from Montenegro

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk
outdoor.mne

Postby Karl Klavon » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:46 am

I believe whether a forum lives or dies is a function of the cotributions the members make to the form, of questions asked, answers offered, the recounting of fishing experiences, the posting of pictures and putting up of things that may be of interest to the general Tenkara fishing community. There certainly are enough varied topic headings available on this board to provide some area of Tenkara interest for nearly any and every fixed-line angler there is out there. And speaking for myself, personally, I have tried to contribute a substantial amount of what I think might be interesting and informational material in an effort to keep this board going, because I believe it provides a very valuable service to the Tenkara Community as a whole, and all anglers in general. Member participation is the key to survival, in my view.

If you go back and read posts during this board's very beginning, when Tenkara Fly Fishing was the newest kid on the block in the outdoor press, the enthusiasm for all things Tenkara expressed by the members on this board was exponential! Sadly, that is no longer the case. I do not do the social media things that many of you may do, so I have no way of knowing if those platforms convey the same kind of enthusiasm that this board demonstrated in its early stages. Back then, things were much more freewheeling - discussion of competing Tenkara products were allowed, Tenkara competitors were welcome to contribute to discussions on this board, and everything that had anything to do with Tenkara fishing had a free and open atmosphere of acceptance expressed about it and the board's management was inclusive and welcoming to all. How can we get that enthusiasm back? I do not know. I have not lost my enthusiasm. Its not as strong as it was in the very beginning of my T-romance but, it has matured into something much stronger and deeper and I feel I am all the better for that progression. How about you?
Karl Klavon

Postby outdoor.mne » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:56 am

Unfortunately, FB & Instagram kiil all forums...
I still come on this place with satisfied, and i never leave this forum.
Im only one Tenkara angler in my country.
Best regards from Montenegro ( SE Europe )
Miki Maraš

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk
outdoor.mne

Previous

Return to About Tenkara