The story of Vagabox... the traveling Tenkara fly box.

Your experiments and findings on tenkara fly-patterns and fly-tying.

Re: The story of Vagabox... the traveling Tenkara fly box.

Postby Hunt4lyf » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:48 pm

I am game for either time slot, only thing I will say is I ship a ton of USPS priority and their 2-3 days has been running more like 3-4 days the past few weeks and coming up on a holiday it may be slow to get across the country.

It's nice to see the renewed interest in The Vagabox.
Hunt4lyf

Postby danraley » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:17 am

I'd love to host the box for a couple of weeks. I tie commercially some and would love to add a few of my patterns/variations for both warmwater fishing and trout to the box for others to enjoy and also get the opportunity to try out new patterns as well.

I live in Florida and fish year round so I'm pretty open to having it whenever with the exception of mid to late September as I'll be out of town and wouldn't get the opportunity to fish with it as much as I'd like to, or as much as it deserves. Same goes for December as well.
danraley

Postby achilles38 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:14 am

I checked on the USPS website on delivery from Saint Johns, FL to my door and it says a Priority 2 Day Padded Flat Rate Envelope is $5.95 and if mailed on June 30 would have an expected delivery date of July 2. If Priority Express 1 Day it would be $19.99 and delivered by July 1 at 3:00pm. I'd think the 2 Day would get here by the 3rd, especially with expected delivery on July 2, but I'd be more than happy to pay the cost of 1 day if there's a concern. The last thing I shipped was Vagabox the last time I had it, several months ago. :lol:

Hunt4lyf has given his ok to move to late July, I'd move to early July, just haven't heard back from Archknits yet to see if he's ok with moving to early Aug. I'd ship Priority 2 day on July 15 from Montana to Hunt4lyf.

Hopefully it will work. I'd love to try the Vagabox in Yellowstone and on the Madison, Gallatin, and Henry's Fork.
Jeremy
achilles38

Postby Adam Trahan » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:09 am

I would like to participate.

I'm confused about the process. The original post does not have 2014 calendar schedule.

Please let me know what I need to do.

Thanks.
Adam Trahan

Postby Robert Olson » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:20 am

Dan & Adam,

Put you both Vagabox hosting list. It will be near the end of 2014, unless some drop out.

Bob
:D
Last edited by Robert Olson on Mon May 18, 2015 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Olson

Postby Hunt4lyf » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:30 am

I am good with the last two weeks of July and from reading Archknits last post he's fine anytime so I don't see why that wont work.

Looking forward to it.
Hunt4lyf

Postby Hunt4lyf » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:33 am

Adam Trahan wrote:I would like to participate.

I'm confused about the process. The original post does not have 2014 calendar schedule.

Please let me know what I need to do.

Thanks.

The updated list is a couple pages back on page 26.
Hunt4lyf

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:33 am

Bob/ anyone else,

Would you be interested in helping manage the Vagabox's itinerary through a Google Calendar?
I'm thinking this will really simplify things quite a bit. All you'd need is a Google id and I can give you access to edit the calendar. I could also help out with this.I took the liberty to create the calendar, and a new page for the Vagabox:

https://www.tenkarausa.com/vagabox/

What do you think? Would this help with the process?
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby Robert Olson » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:52 am

Daniel,

If you are saying a dated calendar, not sure how to make that work. Shipping between hosts could be 1 or 2 days, possibly a week. Vagabox has traveled coast to coast and north to south. After a couple of months, the calendar could be way off.
Maybe the hosts could be updated, each time Vagabox arrives.

Bob
:D
Last edited by Robert Olson on Mon May 18, 2015 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Olson

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:06 am

Bob, I was mostly thinking for estimated scheduling. So, those who sign up for a certain timeframe can be put on the calendar for around that time,
Example:
Jun 10-24: TENTATIVE, Mike Agneta, Florida
Jun 24-July 8: TENTATIVE, Joe Doe, NY
, etc.

So, this way there could be a nice visible way to see who is supposed to have the box on approximate times, and where it is....Would that be helpful?

Just trying to find a way to help manage the box signup and where it is. Would a closed thread which you only can edit be more helpful?
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Tenkara Flies