First Trip

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

First Trip

Postby rjspud » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm

I've been chafing at the bit because the day my Yamame arrived I sprained a knee and wasn't able to go fishing for a month. Finally, last Sunday I was well enough to wade tame water. We have a small trout stream about 25 minutes from the house. It is notoriously difficult to be successful there, but I only had a couple of hours and I knew it wasn't a risky stream to wade. Besides all I wanted to do was get that Yamame into action.

I hit the water about 9:30 and left at 11:45 having caught and released four 11 to 12 inch rainbows - three on a jig and one on a prince nymph dropper. One came from a hole I had never been able to fish before, because of the five foot, briar covered bank, but the Yamame made it easy. I am so impressed by its utility and the ease with which I was able to hook and land those fish.

Tenkara is deadly, and I am going to be introducing a lot of other Missouri fisherman to the fun of this fishing method.
rjspud

Re: First Trip

Postby df1710tx » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:43 pm

Hi,

I'm glad you had a good time with your new rod and caught fish. I'm also a new owner and will get to give my rod a proper tryout on Friday. My city is stocking a river with trout so it should be a good time to fish. I'll be able to try the standard Tenkara line I have now and try the new Tenkara level line too as my order should arrive before Friday.

Happy fishing,

D
df1710tx

Return to Your Tenkara Experience