Attaching RIO Euro Nymph Leader to Lillian

Discussions on knots and other basic parts of fishing

Attaching RIO Euro Nymph Leader to Lillian

Postby stuck_in_indy » Thu May 24, 2018 7:23 am

Hello, I would like to attach a European Nymph Leader (made by RIO) to my Sato rod. The Euro Leader has a traditional stiff (0x or thicker) perfection loop at the end. To attach it, I took the girth-hitch loop from a TenkaraUSA furled leader and put it on the end of the Euro Leader and then attached that to the Lillian in a traditional manner. Is that the best method? Will I have decent energy transfer from the rod to the leader? I won't have the opportunity to cast it until I'm out on the water on my trip. Thx for help.
stuck_in_indy

Re: Attaching RIO Euro Nymph Leader to Lillian

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Thu May 24, 2018 11:39 am

Hi Stuck-in-Indy and welcome as this appears to be your 1st post, although I don't have an answer for you, I wanted to say welcome.

We only use and test our rods with tenkera specific lines so I can't offer any advice on what you are trying to do.

Your idea of using a girth hitch connection seems sound though but you may just need to test it to see how it performs.

Over the years people trying to use alternative "non tenkara" lines on a tenkara rod is very hit and miss. Some enjoy trying though and maybe you will find something that works for you.

If nymphing is your thing, I myself prefer using 3.5 or 4.5 level line for high stick style nymphing.

Good luck.

TJ
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Return to Knots and other basics