All tenkara knots

Discussions on knots and other basic parts of fishing

All tenkara knots

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 pm

Just noticed I didn't post that here before. but, this is a video of the knots I use for tenkara:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnkkOogQlLk
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Re: All tenkara knots

Postby Karl Klavon » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:07 pm

Daniel, thank you so much for adding your Tenkara knot tying video to this board. You are using some plain and simple knots to tie that I have never seen or heard of before. You did a great job and the knots you showed us how to tie should be a big help to Tenkara anglers everywhere....Karl.
Karl Klavon

Postby edrewshif » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:44 am

Daniel,

Just a question about the girth hitch. Do you need the knot on the lilian when you use a girth hitch as a connection? If so, then is there a better connection so a knot in the lilian isn't necessary? Thanks for you help!

Eric
edrewshif

Postby John @ Tenkara USA » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:53 pm

Hi Eric,

Usually, you need a simple overhand knot in the lilian to keep the girth hitched loop from sliding off. I've read that you can go through the hitch twice with the lilian, (muh as you would with a level line) and it will hold, but I'd personally be more comfortable with a knotted lilian.

If your lilian doesn't have a know, you only need to tie a simple overhand knot, just be careful not to set the know too close to the graphite inserted into the lilian. I like to try and keep the know as close to the end of the lilian as I can. Hope this helps.
John Geer at Tenkara USA
John @ Tenkara USA

Postby Chiseler » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:59 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfHU6Dr9dKM
Hi Daniel this is what I have been using on the small flies,works fine,happy new year.
醜い何かを持っていたことがない
Chiseler

Return to Knots and other basics