New Engalnd area NSW

New Engalnd area NSW

Postby neverengland123 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:19 pm

Hi formally boogadoog and dozo12 (lost passwords). Tenkara is still very niche here in Australia and not many really understand it. In Victoria some fly fishers have adopted it and use it as a fun secondary alternative way to fish when they want to have a break from their usual style.
I have fished tenkara now in Victoria, Tasmania and NSW with success.
IMG_1416.JPG
IMG_1416.JPG (51.26 KiB) Viewed 5282 times

I have had two recent trips to the Dorrigo Plateau are in NSW (New England) which is the most Northern area in Australia for trout fishing. The streams in this area are ideal for tenkara and I had a great time. Season closed for trout fishing in Australia a couple of weeks ago but I am thinking of doing some hiking in the National Parks to find new areas to fish for when the season opens again. Cheers.
IMG_1423.JPG
IMG_1410.JPG

It seems that these types are forums are being replaced by social media now, does anyone else feel this way?
neverengland123

Re: New Engalnd area NSW

Postby Chiseler » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:07 am

Nice to hear another Tenkara fisher,I used to talk about Tenkara but it was taken as a joke here,it works fine as you know,trout season open again next month,good luck to you.
Adrian
醜い何かを持っていたことがない
Chiseler

Re: New Engalnd area NSW

Postby troutrageous1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:28 pm

Wow, if I didn't know better, I'd have guessed you were fishing in the "Driftless" of Wisconsin.
Beautiful photos and nice fish.

And yes, does seem that forums are going the way of Facebook and other social media... that said, happy you posted here.
Mike Agneta
troutrageous.com
Tenkara Florida Facebook Group
Ayu II | Ebisu | Iwana 11' | Rhodo | Sato
troutrageous1

Return to Tenkara Australia / New Zealand