Aussie bass

Aussie bass

Postby boogadoog » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:42 am

FILE0009.JPG
FILE0008.JPG
I have been trying to find some spots around the Tweed to fish Tenkara and have had some break throughs, will keep looking though. The bass have been extremely spooky.
FILE0006.JPG
boogadoog

Re: Aussie bass

Postby Chiseler » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:41 pm

Nice spot to cast under the bank,what fly are you using.
醜い何かを持っていたことがない
Chiseler

Postby boogadoog » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:21 am

Hi Chiseler,no.10, black marabou, peacock hurl and a few bits of purple crystal flash.
boogadoog

Postby Buck Rodgers » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:23 pm

Hey mate,

How do you find the Tenkara rod for bass? Living in Queensland I will probably be chasing bass and bream on the Tenkara and then sneaking off to Ebor etc. to fish for Trout when time allows.

Cheers,

Buck
Tenkara - Queensland Style
Buck Rodgers

Postby boogadoog » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:19 am

I've only caught 2 so far and had another opportunity this morning, but I am fishing land based and have only been going for about a week. I usually fish for them off my tinnie with a regular fly rod. I guess I'm just using the bass for practise for when I go down south to chase trout. I can tell you they are a lot spookier than most trout with less opportunities(in the summer that is, winter is another story)The hard part of bass fishing on Tenkara is finding locations, off a kyak would be good but land based needs some practise as you'll be roll casting and even bow and arrow style down steep embankments under snags and then being able to distinguish the difference between mullet and bass when sight casting as the larger mullet can look the same as bass and it takes a while to work it out. Creeks with a bit of run and shallows are far more interesting than slow flowing rivers. Waters worth investigating and I intend to do so are the creeks around Rathdowney (when they have had some rain) and the Albert river upper reaches. Queensland is interesting though as we have some suitable streams up north with sooty grunter and jungle perch. I also think southern saratoga could be a viable target and can't wait to have a shot at these also. I do change my leader length a bit when I fish from 12 footers to 18 footers and will probably go up to 23 (mostly furled style) depending on the situation.
boogadoog

Postby Buck Rodgers » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:06 pm

Cheers - Thanks for the info.
Tenkara - Queensland Style
Buck Rodgers

Return to Tenkara Australia / New Zealand