where do you get quality feathers from in Australia ?

where do you get quality feathers from in Australia ?

Postby CraigP » Sun May 05, 2013 4:50 am

Anyone care to recommend local aussie dealers who can source quality capes or even packets of feathers that one would use for tenkara patterns, such as those demonstrated in the videos on this site and others (apart from plain common red/brown rooster saddles and grizzle)

For US members, with Australia's strict quarantine restrictions, we can't access the wide range of quality products available online from the US - otherwise I'd probably have even sourced a blue pheasant tail cape from Chris Stewart, along with many other quality capes from various US dealers.
It seems most feathers are imported by only one or two wholesalers, and with their margin and retail markup, we're looking at (1) 3-4 times cost adders; (2) very limited range of stock held locally with long delays and problems ordering. our local breeders limited due to the size of the market, with fashion consuming most of the stock.

Where do you get your feathers from to tie your fav pattern(s)?
CraigP

Re: where do you get quality feathers from in Australia ?

Postby Chiseler » Wed May 08, 2013 2:44 am

Hi CraigP
This is where I buy my feathers here in Brisbane
Hope this helps

Adrian

http://tacklewarehouse.com.au/
醜い何かを持っていたことがない
Chiseler

Re: where do you get quality feathers from in Australia ?

Postby CraigP » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:37 am

thanks mate, I missed this reply. I'll check it out next week - I've got two offices in Brisbane so scope to go in for a looksee.
CraigP

Return to Tenkara Australia / New Zealand