another new aussie

Re: another new aussie

Postby howler » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:36 pm

shame i didnt live closer to you guys ,we could of got together and i could of learn a few things off you'se,,cheers jas
howler

Postby Horts » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:50 am

Hey fellow Aussies, I have been reading everything I can find on Tenkara and am busting to get my hands on a rod, line and flies and get out there. I live in beautiful Tasmania and wow can I see this form of fishing is going to be outstanding here on our many rivers for wild brown and rainbow trout.
Thinking a 12' Iwana would be the perfect way to start my new addiction but back ordered till Oct is a little hard to take. Anyone know of a stockist that might have one available?
Horts

Postby CraigP » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:09 am

Where are you fishing, Launceston streams or up on streams in the highlands, or on the plains on Macquarie etc?

If the streams are small with cover or trees then an 11ft may be better. A 12ft iwana is an all roundervandvgreat way into Tenkara.

Pm me and I can give you some pointers.

Craig
CraigP

Postby Chiseler » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:27 am

How are you going with fishing Craig

Adrian
醜い何かを持っていたことがない
Chiseler

Postby CraigP » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:34 am

Chiseler wrote:How are you going with fishing Craig

Adrian

Every chance I can get after an enforced layoff). My knee finally gave out and I finally bit the bullet and took 5 weeks off for an op. Now back fully and pushing up all the rivers again.

This season has not been as record breaking as last, but last was an exception. This season has been reasonable for periods, and is still OK, just getting cold now.its slowed down now, but will pick up in a month.
Fishing was actually pretty good start of easter, even though rainy - and the rain and colder weather, thankfully, kept the hoards at bay. Then it fined up and out came the metal chuckers and the killing started. I saw some my favourites hit hard, and it looks like my old friends in a couple of holes were victims cause they weren't there anymore.
CraigP

Previous

Return to Tenkara Australia / New Zealand