Oregon

Some states define fly-fishing as using a "fly-rod, fly-reel and flies". The use of a reel should not be a defining aspect of fly-fishing.
This forum is a place to share information about how certain states define "fly-fishing" for the purpose of "fly-fishing only" waters. And, if you contact a state for clarification, how would they treat tenkara? (e.g. Connecticut defines fly-fishing as using "fly-reel", one of our users, Mr. Hackney, contacted the Connecticut authority for clarification, and they said Tenkara IS fly-fishing, see more in first post).

Oregon

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:26 pm

Posted by Dealtoyo on Oct 4th, 2009 under "Other states":

"I have talked to the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife a couple of weeks ago. They stated that as long as you follow all of the general regulations and special regulations for the specific body of water you are fishing on, the tenkara style of fishing is legal."
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Re: Oregon

Postby trailchaser » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:06 pm

Thanks for checking. I was wondering about that. I can't wait to get out to the Gorge creeks and do some exploring. Just on the Metolious with my new ITO i got for Christmas. Great rod. Keep up the good work.

BalFour :ugeek:
trailchaser

Return to Regulations