The story of Vagabox... the traveling Tenkara fly box.

Your experiments and findings on tenkara fly-patterns and fly-tying.

Re: The story of Vagabox... the traveling Tenkara fly box.

Postby Robert Olson » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:12 am

Can't find your write-up page. Did you scrap that idea, Daniel?

Bob
:D
Robert Olson

Postby achilles38 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:21 am

Bob,

Sorry about not replying. I've been in the E. Sierras fishing :D If possible I'd like to get it before July 4. I'm leaving July 4 early in the morning for 3 weeks in Montana. I'll be camping with my wife and kids about an hour from Bozeman. I could use it early July and then mail it off from W. Yellowstone or Bozeman to the next person. Glad somebody had the time to organize the Vagabox's travels again.
Jeremy
achilles38

Postby Nagasaurus » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:56 am

Daniel @ Tenkara USA wrote:Wanna take a look at it and see if you have anything to add or anything wrong/missing?

Thanks for making the updates Daniel. One addition would be the Vagabox journey to Washington from last summer. Lynnwood, WA can be used as the host location (actual stream location being kept under wraps!).

Trip report: http://www.tenkarausa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29939#p29939
Last edited by Nagasaurus on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nagasaurus

Postby bendback » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:39 pm

I'm up for a Florida hosting
bendback

Postby Robert Olson » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:45 pm

Added you, bendback. If the order remains the same, visit could be October.
Please be active on the forum, (1) post will not keep you on the list.

Bob
Robert Olson

Postby Robert Olson » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Added Dreadkara to the list. Please be active in the forum, (1) post is not enough to remain on the list.

Bob
Robert Olson

Postby Hunt4lyf » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:59 pm

achilles38 wrote:Bob,

Sorry about not replying. I've been in the E. Sierras fishing :D If possible I'd like to get it before July 4. I'm leaving July 4 early in the morning for 3 weeks in Montana. I'll be camping with my wife and kids about an hour from Bozeman. I could use it early July and then mail it off from W. Yellowstone or Bozeman to the next person. Glad somebody had the time to organize the Vagabox's travels again.

Hey Jeremy, technically I'm next in line for the beginning of July but you can have my slot and then you can send it to me afterward since you have what sounds like an awesome trip befitting the Vagabox. It doesn't appear that anybody has the end of July/beginning of August so I will plan on that if its ok with everybody else.

Dennis
Hunt4lyf

Postby achilles38 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:41 pm

Hunt4lyf wrote:
achilles38 wrote:Bob,

Hey Jeremy, technically I'm next in line for the beginning of July but you can have my slot and then you can send it to me afterward since you have what sounds like an awesome trip befitting the Vagabox. It doesn't appear that anybody has the end of July/beginning of August so I will plan on that if its ok with everybody else.

Dennis

Dennis,

Sorry, I didn't notice July next to your name. If that works out that would be great. I could ship it from Montana without a problem. I think Archknits wanted late July so I don't know if it'll work. If not, I'll be more than happy to use it after Archknits and fish all over my local mountains in Southern CA.
Jeremy
achilles38

Postby troutrageous1 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:29 pm

So am I sending this to achilles38 next now? If so, PM me your address so I have it.

I was planning on sending out Vagabox on Monday 6/30 (the end of my two weeks). Just noting that because I live in Florida...and if it needs to make it somewhere out West BEFORE 7/4, might be a stretch. Would like to make sure our favorite vagrant is received.

Just tossing that out there before we settle on the shipping order.
Mike Agneta
troutrageous.com
Tenkara Florida Facebook Group
Ayu II | Ebisu | Iwana 11' | Rhodo | Sato
troutrageous1

Postby Robert Olson » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Mike,

I put people in order of response. If they agree to the swap, I'll change the list accordingly.

Bob

I mailed Vagabox 2-3 Day Priority. It cost me $6. Got to Florida in 3 days.
Maybe Jeremy could reimburse you for overnight delivery or the difference? Looks like about $20 in a padded envelope, but check with the post office first.
Last edited by Robert Olson on Mon May 18, 2015 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Olson

PreviousNext

Return to Tenkara Flies