Tenkara West Virgina

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

Tenkara West Virgina

Postby jeffkreager » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi Guys,

It's has been awhile. I have been working very hard this summer and have neglected my fishing time but my son and I took off for WV this weekend and hiked into the mountains to our favorite (and secret) brook trout stream. As usual, we slayed them with Tenkara.

I have attached a few photos.

I hope everyone is doing well and has been fishing more than I.

jeffkreager

Re: Tenkara West Virgina

Postby wrknapp » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:14 pm

Nice fish. Glad you got to get out. Now that I'm retired, I go through withdrawal if I go a couple of days without fishing. Life is short; get out fishing with your son more often.

Randy
"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee" Is 43:2a "I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble" Jer 31:9b
wrknapp

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:25 pm

Jeff, welcome back to the forum, we missed you here, and yes, more fishing is needed :)

I was in Fresno a couple of weeks ago and really hoped to hit the stream you guys and I fished together, but then was lured to a different area for fishing. I hope to go back there someday.
Thanks for posting.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby jeffkreager » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:43 pm

Daniel,

It appears I will be in Fresno next summer for a wedding. We'll have to hit that same water again. Except for my son wandering off it was a very good day fishing.

I feel I should mention this weekend my son and I were in charge of supplying a fish dinner for the guest in the cabin. Our host was skeptical we could catch enough for everyone but in a few hours we had caught 2 limits which was more fish than she had seen caught near the cabin in 30 years. She called my Tenkara rod a "magic wand".
jeffkreager

Return to Your Tenkara Experience