Aloha from the Gallatin River

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

Aloha from the Gallatin River

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:39 pm

The wind was still a problem. The weather was a lot warmer and the fishing was HOT. Using wet flys, we had our best action yet. The Gallatin River is smaller, but the fish are larger...
Bozeman, Montana is right in the center of so many beautiful trout waters. Each one is different with a new adventure around each bend. This trout fishing is all new to me. I am learning so much... and having so much fun learning it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We saw eagles, geese, beavers and lots of deer. This was the only one who stood still long enough for me to put down the fly rod and grab the camera.

This 19 inch brown trout was the largest fish of the day.

We also landed some nice 16, 17, & 18 inch rainbows.

The Tenkara rod worked like a charm. The big bug is a Caddis Fly Nympth?. I think? Help me out here gang. (big-ugly-brown-rubber-legged-thingie) The trout were loving it. :D
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story.
Stan Wright

Re: Aloha from the Gallatin River

Postby BCScott » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:45 pm

Stan,

You are catching some real beauties with that Amago! I am really impressed. My Brother and Father both just bought an Amago, looks like it handles the big ones just fine!

Scott
BCScott

Postby dpenrod » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:17 am

wow! beautiful brown. i think the fly you're using is a rubber legged nymph meant to imitate a stone fly. don't quote me on that though.
dpenrod

Postby OarsnPaddle » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:45 am

BCScott wrote:Stan,

You are catching some real beauties with that Amago! I am really impressed. My Brother and Father both just bought an Amago, looks like it handles the big ones just fine!

Scott

I bought one too recently. These pictures gives me confidence that it might just be a perfect rod for my use :D

Thank you for the really nice pictures, Stan :)
OarsnPaddle

Return to Your Tenkara Experience