not what i expected, but nice

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

not what i expected, but nice

Postby rob1002 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:22 am

i received my order yesterday. i ordered one of every fly vial to total 8 vials for 24 flies. the problem is, in the vial of 3, all the flies are different. yep. 3 different flies. and no labels on the vials makes it really hard to be able to tell whats what. it looks as thought various flies were grabbed and just thrown in there. as for the rod. i ordered the iwana 12ft 6:4 and what i received was a yamame 12ft 7:3. i will keep the rod because i was planning on buying a more stout one anyways for the bigger fish, and daniel, if you are reading this, you should update your inventory to read one more yamame out and one more iwana in. that way your counts dont get thrown off. the tape on the box was also half off of it, which im sure is the fault of the mail carriers. just a note, i wish the vials of flies were labeled cause i have no clue as to whats what. this is all very new to me and i thought id invest the money to try it out because i am an avid fly fisher and like small streams as well. thats why i wanted the 6:4 iwana, but i suppose this one will do. mabey in the future ill get the 5:5 for the small streams. if there is a fly chart somwhere that will have a pic of the flies i recieved and their names, i would love to know where that is. because on the flies order page, there are not pics of some of the flies i recieved. thanks.
rob

just took a closer look at the flies order page and now see that different styles are in one vial. this should make things easier.
rob1002

Re: not what i expected, but nice

Postby rsetina » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:04 pm

I'm surprised you received the wrong rod. I don't recall anyone saying they didn't get what they ordered before. You're the first, but Daniel has a very good policy and if you let him know he will make it right. I'm sure he'll read this in the next day or two and you could send him a PM. He's very good at customer service.

When I saw your user name I thought at first you could be rob909 from another forum. That wouldn't be you would it?
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Postby rob1002 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:56 pm

u mean from nafc?
rob1002

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:09 pm

Hi Rob,

My apologies for that, we have a very good return/exchange policy and I have no problem sending you the correct items. Sometimes mistakes may happen in our fulfillment, but I always strive to make it right as soon as I learn about it.

Please email us, or send me a pm if you'd like an exchange for any of the items.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Return to Your Tenkara Experience