Another Tenkara large mouth bass

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

Another Tenkara large mouth bass

Postby rvrgzr » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:21 am

Note the wind-powered pond aerator in the background.

rvrgzr

Re: Another Tenkara large mouth bass

Postby wrknapp » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:34 am

Your photos may be the single best example of the reason to have a Yamame in one's quiver of Tenkara rods. Another beauty.

Randy
"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee" Is 43:2a "I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble" Jer 31:9b
wrknapp

Postby CM_Stewart » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:01 am

Wow! If I may ask, what did you catch that one on? (if it was someone's shih tzu you don't have to answer).
CM_Stewart

Postby rvrgzr » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:06 am

wrknapp wrote:Your photos may be the single best example of the reason to have a Yamame in one's quiver of Tenkara rods. Another beauty.

Randy

Thanks, Randy.

CM_Stewart wrote:Wow! If I may ask, what did you catch that one on? (if it was someone's shih tzu you don't have to answer).

Of course a fish this size eats fry and small fish of all species, as well as crayfish; but many people do not realize that pond fish, large and small, eat a tremendous amount of nymphs. You figure the dragonfly or damselfly nymphs of some species live up to 3 years before they reach adulthood. I caught this bass on an olive-brown #14 unweighted damselfly nymph.
rvrgzr

Postby jeffkreager » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:24 pm

That's a dandy!!!
jeffkreager

Postby solocanoe » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:15 pm

rvrgzr - beautiful fish, man!

Been fishing for bucketmouths much of life - lots of time in the south.

My largest bass ever (not quite 10lbs) came on a sinking spider - a red butt bully spider to be exact - while I was bluegill fishing. I was back paddling for 10 mins. while I held steady pressure. It was wild - the water actually "vacuumed" into a tornado when the spider hit the water next to a tree stump.

I am glad (for now at least!) that I have the Yamame on the way...your pics all over this site are just great!
-john
Lucky to get out. Whenever I can. Never enough. Romans 8:31
solocanoe

Postby rsetina » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:23 pm

Another awesome looking bass! I've been wanting to head up to a man made lake north of Los Angeles but the wind has been blowing quite a bit lately. They have a huge wind farm in the area there so you can imagine what the winds are like. Soon though.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Return to Your Tenkara Experience