Classic Wet Fly Approach

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

Classic Wet Fly Approach

Postby davebanker » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:15 pm

Has anyone utilized classic wet fly approaches with their Tenkara rods (i.e. downstream and across, soft hackles, etc.)? Curious to know if this approach would work with a Tenkara rod after listening to a podcast with Davy Wotten.
davebanker

Re: Classic Wet Fly Approach

Postby wrknapp » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:27 pm

Works the same as any fly rod. I use my Ayu just like I would any fly rod except I have more control because of the reach because of the length.

Randy
"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee" Is 43:2a "I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble" Jer 31:9b
wrknapp

Postby rsetina » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:21 pm

Fished an Adams this weekend like a wet fly and the fished took it. I mentioned to Daniel how I couldn't believe the fish would take a dry fished wet and he said "That's why I don't use floatant". I hardly used any myself the day I used the Adams all day and I caught lots of fish. I let it rise like a nymph at the end of the run and caught a couple that way too. Hope this answers your question.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Postby rvrgzr » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:20 am

Tie a weighted Czech nymph on your tippet and "high stick" it in places difficult to reach by traditional casting. You may be pleasantly surprised by the results.
rvrgzr

Return to Your Tenkara Experience