First Fish on a Tenkara Rod

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

Re: First Fish on a Tenkara Rod

Postby rsetina » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:19 pm

It seems Tenkara is catching on everywhere. I was in the Orvis Store in Pasadena this morning and the manager heard we had purchased Tenkara rods and we talked for 20 minutes or so on the subject. He thought it was interesting and said it was a nice addition to the western rods we already have.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Postby LMarshall » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:18 pm

rsetina wrote:It seems Tenkara is catching on everywhere. I was in the Orvis Store in Pasadena this morning and the manager heard we had purchased Tenkara rods and we talked for 20 minutes or so on the subject. He thought it was interesting and said it was a nice addition to the western rods we already have.

Interesting, I haven't brought it up at my local fly shop yet, I don't know if they're aware of it.
It's not surprising to me that Tenkara is starting to enjoy wider attention. I'm curious to see where this is all going to go.
LMarshall

Postby rsetina » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:44 pm

I have a friend that when I told him about it he didn't seem too interested. After my report several weeks ago he started telling me how the water on a couple of trips he took would be perfect water for Tenkara fishing. He so badly wants to go on the Tenkara outing Daniel set up for Friday, but it doesn't look like he's going to make it. He really wants to give Tenkara a try. I think eventually, once he and I have a chance to go fish together and he sees how successful this is, he'll purchase one.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Previous

Return to Your Tenkara Experience